KARACHI: The attacks on the Chinese nationals in Pakistan are increasing every day , whit last month killing of nine Chinese nationals in the bus, another case ahs come up from Pakistan where a Chinese national was shot by a gunmen on bike in SITE area Karachi.
Another Chinese man and a local driver remained unhurt in the incident.
Late in the evening Counter-Terrorism Department’s senior official Raja Umar Khattab said that the banned Balochistan Liberation Front’s spokesperson ‘Major’ Gohram through social media has claimed responsibility for the armed attack.
The foreigners were without security guards as they were not associated with any government project.
SITE-B SHO Zawwar Husain said that the two Chinese men with the local driver were on their way from Defence to the SITE area in a car. When they reached near Gulbai, the armed pillion rider wearing face mask opened fire on the vehicle and fled. The foreigner, identified as Yuan Chang Feng, sitting in the back seat, suffered four bullet wounds on different parts of his body while his other colleague, who was sitting next to the driver, remained safe.
The wounded foreigner was taken to Dr Ruth Pfau Civil Hospital for treatment where his condition was stated to be out of danger.
The officer said that the wounded man was an engineer. A factory in SITE had purchased some machinery from China and the wounded man was associated with the firm. He came from China on July 5. He was on his way from Defence to SITE’s industrial unit to fix the machinery there when he came under attack. The officer said that it appeared to be a targeted incident.
Meanwhile, DIG-South Javed Akbar Riaz, who visited the crime scene, told the media that the two Chinese nationals were not associated with any official project.
They did not inform the police about their movement. The driver in his initial statement told the police that he did not hear the sound of firing. He indicated that a silencer-fitted pistol might have been used. There was a rush of traffic when the incident took place and the exact place of the firing was also being ascertained. Mr Riaz said the condition of the injured Chinese man was not serious as he suffered bullet wounds in the hands and face.
“An investigation has been launched to ascertain the possible reasons of the attack,” said the DIG. He added that no spent bullet casings were found at the crime scene.